Alliances Announce New Boards of Directors Leadership
We’re pleased to announce the 2024 Boards of Directors for NAEVR and AEVR.
- Steven Feldon, MD, MBA, was named as the President of the Boards for NAEVR and AEVR and is entering his eighth year on the Boards of Directors for the Alliances. He has served as the representative on the Board for the Association of University Professors of Ophthalmology (AUPO, one of the Alliances’ Founding Members) since 2016. Dr. Feldon is currently the Executive Vice President for AUPO and serves as the founding Director of the Office of Biomedical Research Development at the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC).
- Gregory Skuta, MD, was named as the Vice President of the Boards and is also entering his eighth year on the Boards of Directors for the Alliances, previously serving as a director and for the past four years as Treasurer. Dr. Skuta has served as the representative on the Boards for the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO, another of the Alliances’ Founding Members) since 2016 and currently serves as the David W. Parke II, MD Professor and Vice Chair for Faculty Development and External Relations, and Regents’ Professor at the Dean McGee Eye Institute and in the University of Oklahoma (OU) College of Medicine’s Department of Ophthalmology. He also serves as Executive Vice President for the American Glaucoma Society.
- Kelly Nichols, OD, MPH, PhD, FAAO, was named as the Treasurer of the Boards and is entering her fourth year on the Boards of Directors for the Alliances, previously serving as Secretary for the past two years. Dr. Nichols serves as Dean of the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry and has led research on ocular surface disease serving on the executive board for the Tear Film and Ocular Surface Society.
- Judy Kim, MD, FARVO, FASRS, was named as Secretary of the Boards and is entering her fourth year on the Boards of Directors for the Alliances, previously serving as a director. Dr. Kim serves as a Professor of Ophthalmology at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas and as President of the Foundation of American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) and serves on the Editorial Board for JAMA Ophthalmology.
Our new officers join our existing Directors:
- Eduardo Alfonso, MD, Director, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Chair of the Department of Ophthalmology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Rowan Candy, PhD, MCOptom, Interim Dean, Executive Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Professor Graduate Faculty, Indiana University School of Optometry
- Marissa Goldberg, Chief Executive Officer and Board member, Doheny Eye Institute
- Stephen Lane, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Alcon
- Brian Hofland, PhD, President, Research to Prevent Blindness
- Joan O’Brien, MD, Director, Penn Medicine Center for Ophthalmic Genetics in Complex Diseases, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pennsylvania, Scheie Eye Institute
- Grace Prakalapakorn, MD, MPH, Associate Professor of Ophthalmology and Pediatrics, Duke University School of Medicine
- Rajesh Rajpal, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Global Head of Clinical and Medical Affairs, Johnson and Johnson Vision
- Michael Robinson, MD, Vice President, Global Therapeutic Area Head, Ophthalmology, AbbVie
- Iris Rush, CAE, Executive Director, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology