FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 3, 2014
|CONTACT: James F. Jorkasky
NAEVR AND AEVR BOARDS ELECT TWO NEW DIRECTORS, 2015 OFFICERS
(Washington, D.C.) The Boards of the National Alliance for Eye and Vision Research (NAEVR) and the Alliance for Eye and Vision Research (AEVR), during December 2 meetings, each elected two new directors who will serve concurrently on both Boards:
- Linda Hazlett, Ph.D. (Wayne State University)
- Earl Smith, O.D., Ph.D. (University of Houston College of Optometry)
The new Directors replace retiring Directors Anthony Adams, O.D., Ph.D. (UC/Berkeley) and John Dowling (Harvard University). The Boards each adopted resolutions thanking Drs. Adams and Dowling for their service since AEVR was created in 1993 and NAEVR in 1997.
The newly elected Directors join the existing Boards members:
- Craig Crosson, Ph.D. (Medical University of South Carolina)
- Steven Feldon, M.D. (Flaum Eye Institute/University of Rochester)
- Sabri Markabi, M.D. (Alcon)
- Joan Miller, M.D. (Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary/Harvard Medical School)
- Peter McDonnell, M.D. (Wilmer Eye Institute/Johns Hopkins University)
- Bartly Mondino, M.D. (Jules Stein Eye Institute/UCLA)
- David Pyott (Allergan)
- William Schmidt, J.D. (Foundation Fighting Blindness)
- Walter Stark, M.D. (Wilmer Eye Institute/Johns Hopkins University)
- David Tanzer, M.D. (Abbott Medical Optics)
- Thomas Yorio, Ph.D. (University of North Texas Health Science Center)
- Karla Zadnik, O.D., Ph.D. (Ohio State University School of Optometry)
The Boards are pleased to welcome these new Directors, said NAEVR/AEVR Boards President Dr. Peter McDonnell adding that, the Alliances challenges have never been greater, so we appreciate the wealth of experience and knowledge that Dr. Hazlett and Dr. Smith bring.
The National Alliance for Eye and Vision Research (NAEVR) is a 501(c)4 non-profit advocacy coalition comprised of 55 professional, consumer, and industry organizations involved in eye and vision research. Visit the Web site at www.eyeresearch.org.