FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 9, 2013
|CONTACT: James F. Jorkasky
AEVR RELEASES 20th ANNIVERSARY BROCHURE ENTITLED THE VALUE OF FEDERALLY FUNDED VISION RESEARCH
(Washington, D.C) Today, the Alliance for Eye and Vision Research (AEVR) released a new educational brochure entitled The Value of Federally Funded Vision Research-National Eye Institute (NEI) as part of the celebration of its 20th anniversary as The Friends of the NEI.
The six-page brochure, which will be distributed to all Congressional offices, provides the latest information about eye disease prevalence and cost, as well as the NEI-funded breakthrough research that is saving and restoring vision. Sections of the brochure include:
- The NEI Serves a Critical Role for All Americans
- NEI Research Responds to Growing Vision Health Challenges
- NEI Funding Has Resulted in Successful Commercialization of Products
- NEI Research Responds to Vision-Related Quality of Life Challenges
- Four Major Eye Diseases Chart: Eye Facts, Impact of NEI Research, and Researcher Perspectives (the four major eye diseases include Age-related Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma, Diabetic Macular Edema/Diabetic Retinopathy, and Cataracts)
All publications are accessible from the Eye Fact section of the Web site at www.eyeresearch.org.
The Alliance for Eye and Vision Research (AEVR), a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation founded in 1993, is proud to announce this deliverable associated with its Decade of Vision 2010-2020 Initiative, a sustained educational effort acknowledged by Congress that recognizes the benefits of federally funded vision research. Visit its Web site at www.eyeresearch.org.